The Pakistani security forces and its allied death squads abducted 21 persons from various districts of Balochistan in July 2022. A report issued by Baloch Human Rights Council (BHRC) also reported that security forces extrajudicially killed eight persons. Some of the dead were in their custody for long times.
Below are the details of the missing and killed persons during July 2022.
July 1, 2022
Security forces and members of the local death squad picked up Shergul, son of Abdul Mutalib, a resident of Kirdagap, district Mastung from his home in Mastung
July 2, 2022
Security forces arrested Faisal, son of Hasil, from Hub town. He is a resident of Lal Muhammad Got, district Lasbela.
July 9, 2022
Security forces, accompanied by members of the local death squad, arrested five teenagers named Idris, son of Haji Akbar; Bilal, son of Sahib Khan; Jalil, son of Sahib Khan; and Zubair Ahmad, son of Munir Ahmed, Khalid, son of Munir Ahmed. Their whereabouts are still unknown.
July 16, 2022
Security forces dumped seven bullet-ridden bodies in Ziarat valley. Their family members identified them as the missing persons.
- Mohammad Khan Chilgari Marri’s body was identified (he was in the custody of the security forces since February 2022).
- The body of Juma Khan Marri was identified (arrested in March 2022.
- The body of Salim Karim Bakhsh, a resident of Balgatar, was identified (picked up by the security forces on April 17 2022).
- The body of Shehzad Khuda Bakhsh, a resident of Kalat, was identified (picked up by the security forces on June 04, 2022).
- The body of Dr Mukhtiar Abdul Hai, a resident of Kalat, was identified (kidnapped by the death squad on June 11, 2022).
- The body of Shah Bakhsh Marri was identified (he was in the custody of security forces since 2013).
- The body of Shams Satakzai was identified (was in the custody of security forces since).
July 16, 2022
A local death squad accompanied by the security forces kidnapped Nadel, son of Dilmurad, Qadir Jan, son of Ali Bakhsh and Hasil, son of Muhammad, from Shapuk village of Kech district. Their relatives are not being informed about their whereabouts.
July 18, 2022
Security forces abducted Mohd Aslam, son of Haji Mohd Ibrahim Mengal of Kharan district, from the main Bazar.
The local death squad members abducted Asadullah Mengal, son of Ali Hasan Mengal, resident of Sunniabad, Khuzdar district.
July 19, 2022
Hired shooters from the Pakistani intelligence agency (ISI) killed Jalamb Khan, son of Khan Muhammad Langani Mari, in Nemroz district of Afghanistan. He was living there as a refugee.
July 20, 2022
Ghulam Jilani Hussainzai, a resident of Kharan Shahr, went missing after he was picked up from the Jama Masjid area of Kharan Town. His abductors were identified as members of security forces in civilian dresses.
Security forces took away Noorullah Sarpara, the teenage son of Saud Aqib Sarpara, from his home in the Sariab area of Quetta city. Suad Aqib is already in the custody of the security forces.
July 21, 2022
Security forces picked up Bahot, son of Sawali and Rafiq, son of Jamal, from the Durreski (Teertej) area of District Awaran.
July 24, 2022
Security forces abducted Akbar, son of Nawab Khan and Jaiseef, son of Nawab Khan, from Dera Murad Jamali. Their whereabouts are not known.
July 29, 2022
Security forces picked up Rahim Bakhsh, son of Sanjar Khan and Bahawal Khan, son of Juma Khan Muhammad Hasani, from their home in the Mastung Ab Road (Mastung district)
July 31, 2022
Security forces, accompanied by a local death squad, arrested Nofal Bugti and his Muhammad Rafiq Buti from ward number 14, Dera Murad Jamali town. Their whereabouts are still unknown.