QUETTA: Paramilitary Force Frontier Corps (FC)’s road clearing convoy has hit a landmine in Sangan area of District Sibi on Wednesday killing two FC soldiers injuring four.
According to Balochistan Levies, unknown persons planted a landmine aside the road in Sangan area of Sibi that exploded when Frontier Corps (FC)’s 130 Wing Sibi Scouts has hit the explosive device.
As result of the blast two FC soldiers embraced martyrdom and four others sustained injuries.
Rescue workers and Law Enforcement Agencies reached the spot and cordoned-off the area while the injured had been evacuated to near Hospital for medical treatment.
So far no group immediately claimed the responsibility of the attack.
Chief Minister Balochistan Nawab Sanaullah Zehri has condemned the attack on Paramilitary Force and showed his regret over the killing of FC soldiers.
“The menace of terrorism will be purged from our country and the whole nation is standing unite with our Security Forces against terrorists.” CM Balochistan said and showered his sympathies with the families of security forces killed in the blast.
Provincial Home Minister and Ex- Federal Minister for Science and Technology Mir Dostain Domki have also condemned the attack on FC.
“In Fighting against terrorism FC Balochistan has given immense sacrifices and people of Baochistan are united with our forces.” Sarfaraz Bugti said and added terrorists killing our people will be wiped-out.
Later the injured FC soldiers had been evacuated to Quetta via helicopter due to their critical wounds.
Attacks against Forces have witnessed surge from past few months. on November 25 a suicide attack on FC’s Colonel Ishtiaq left five people dead and 31 injured at Sariab road Quetta.