QUETTA: At least 10 suspected militants have been killed in an operation launched by security forces in Harnai area, some 164 km north-east of here on Thursday.
Official sources said that the personnel of Frontier Corps launched a search operation in the mountainous area of Harnai on intelligence based information this morning.
Heavy gun battle was reported between the security forces and armed militants, resulting in death of 10 militants. Security forces destroyed many hideouts in the action.
“Ten militants belonged to banned militant outfit killed in the operation,” a senior security official confirmed, adding that the security forces also destroyed their three camps being used for hiding and attacking security forces.
Sources also claimed that in the search operation huge quantity of arms and ammunition was also seized. “Militants killed in the operation were involved in attacking security forces. “Operation continued throughout the day in the rough mountainous area and heavy weapons were also used in the gun battle,” official sources said.
It may be recalled here that eight personnel of Frontier corps had been killed in a remote control landmine blast on August 13 while they were patrolling between Khost and Shahrag area.
The banned Baloch Liberation Army spokesman had claimed the responsibility of landmine blast in Harnai that claimed eight lives of the FC personnel.
Balochistan Express, Quetta