QUETTA: Two labourers lost their lives while two other fell unconscious of suffocation in Sangdas area of Kalat on Sunday when oxygen was consumed in the room owing to burning brazier.
According to the details, two labourers working on the construction of national highway had left the brazier burning while going to sleep. As a result, the room was filled with the fumes of coal and oxygen was consumed which left two the labourers dead owing to suffocation while two others had fell unconscious.
Both the dead and unconscious labourers were shifted to the District Hospital Kalat. The dead were identified as Shahid Iqbal and Muhammad Jamil while the fainted labourers were identified as Muhammad Abbas and Khizar Abbas.
The dead bodies were handed over to the heirs following medico-legal formalities.
All four labourers were said to belong to Punjab’s district Layyah.